Saturday, August 17, 2013

Take Action First - Do it Now!


      
For years I thought that I needed to feel good, or have the right frame of mind to get anything done. I had heard and read that you take action first and then your feelings and thoughts will change. I never believed it. Then I decided to try it. I didn’t feel like writing one day. Instead of just shutting down the laptop I decided to just start writing even though I wasn’t in the right “frame of mind.” What happened blew me away. When I took action I ended up writing for four hours and low and behold I felt like it.

   I had acted myself into feeling. I was amazed. That decision changed my whole perspective. Since that day I have taken action when I needed to get something done, and even though I may not be in the mood I was so glad it was done. When you take action you will almost automatically feel good about it. It will put a smile on your face.

   Taking action does many things like eliminate stress, improve self-confidence, stop laziness, and it will give you a feeling of accomplishment. When you take action on what is important in your life it will take you to another level. It will help you change your philosophy on getting things done. No longer will you rely on your thoughts and feelings first.

   W. Clement Stone coined a simple three word phrase that has had an impact on personal development since it was first coined. That phrase is “Do it Now.” Stone said by just uttering that phrase will get you to start moving. It sounds hokie and over simplistic. At least that’s what I thought. What I found was that it really does move you. It’s almost like you hear another voice pushing you to improve.

   Taking action on what is important will have a tremendous impact on your life. The feeling of success will overwhelm you. How good does it feel when you have a “to do list” and you are able to cross everything off? It feels great. You become energized to do even more. Once you take action once it leads to more action. That’s just the way life is.

   Look at yourself. What have you delayed doing that is important? Think about this. Then take action on it immediately. Do it now. Don’t wait. Become a person who takes action and gets things done. It will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment